Finland’s first postal vehicle line between Rovaniemi and Sodankylä was inaugurated in 1921. The postal vehicle depot was completed in 1931–1933. After the Second World War, the depot was expanded and housing was also provided to depot workers who had lost their homes. Bricks collected from the city’s ruins were used as construction material. When the postal vehicle depot ended its operations, the building was renovated to provide facilities for the Rovaniemi Art Museum opened in 1986. The building was turned into Korundi House of Culture in 2011, when the art museum was expanded and the Chamber Orchestra of Lapland was assigned both rehearsal facilities and a concert hall in the building.
Source: Muistojen reitti brochure, City of Rovaniemi